Account-based marketing (ABM) is a business strategy used by 10x growth companies to increase the success rate of complex B2B deals. It is designed to land and expand customers by focusing on, attracting, engaging and targeting those accounts that are most likely to become customers.
Click here for our free ABM e-books!
What if you could focus your sales and marketing efforts on identifying, targeting and winning exactly the right type of customers for your business?
Rather than relying on broad, low-efficiency campaigns that attempt to appeal to an entire market, ABM uses highly targeted and personalized campaigns to deliver a far more customer-centric experience. And it has been proven to increase deal win-rates, shorten sales cycles, increase customer loyalty and return greater ROI than any other approach.
Already used by 10x growth companies and industry giants like SAP, Microsoft and Snowflake, ABM is fast becoming the default business strategy – in fact, Forrester Research expects account-centric to become the way in which most B2B companies identify, manage and measure customer activity in the next 5 years.
What makes ABM special?
Unlike traditional marketing, where a company tries to access a wider market, ABM requires specificity and personalization. However, there isn’t a “one-size-fits-all” ABM strategy that can be applied to every scenario or organization. It requires targeted strategic planning in order for it to be effective for your business.
ABM also differs from traditional marketing in that it focuses on finding ways to engage with people from targeted accounts based on your ideal customer profile. Eventually, this will help you to build long-lasting relationships that lead to new opportunities and new clients.
Aligning sales and marketing
A close-knit sales and marketing collaboration is always an advantage in B2B. When marketing and sales teams are aligned, leads are 67% more likely to become clients. This is good news if you use ABM because it naturally helps bring these two teams together. How?
Since ABM starts by selecting target accounts, it is essentially like qualifying leads from the start. So it’s nearly impossible for sales to encounter an unqualified lead. With ABM, sales and marketing work together the entire time, rather than simply exchanging leads.
Is ABM right for you?
What we can offer you
A comprehensive account-based marketing strategy is a process that requires different steps. You can count on us to guide you every step of the way, from planning to operations:
- Needs-based segmentation: We can help you to define your company’s ideal customers then determine the right accounts to target – using needs-based segmentation to more accurately target both current and potential customers.
- Strategy: We will develop an ABM playbook for your business, then train marketing and sales teams in its use. The playbook will help them to understand more about the approach, refine tactics, figure out the key calls to action (CTAs) and coordinate content.
- Data: We’ll advise on how you should build and maintain a database of target accounts. With ABM, it is essential that you keep track of which clients receive which pieces of targeted content – as well as their interaction with each piece.
- Account planning: With our help, you can match ABM account teams to targeted accounts. By ensuring that each team is aligned with the right accounts, specific and effective workflows can be established to lift your company’s results.
- Offers: With knowledge of your industry, our team can develop custom offers to engage and motivate your key targets.
- Channels: For ABM, there is no one-size-fits-all channel. Instead, we can help you to plan and execute multi-channel campaigns based on specific account and buyer persona needs.
- Metrics: Measurement and evaluation is one of the keys to a good ABM solution, enabling you to optimize results in relation to your targets. We can show you how to use ABM-centric metrics to control and maximize your ABM marketing strategy.
- Technology: You’ll most likely need a new or adjusted tech stack to deliver ABM at scale. Here, we can help you to evaluate and select the right tools and platforms, enabling you to implement campaigns with pinpoint accuracy.
Boost your sales and marketing power
Spend one day with an expert in 10X B2B and get up-to-date with the world’s best sales and marketing practices. Whether you’re looking to compete against the world’s best or just looking to lift your team’s own performance, this is need-to-know stuff that will prepare you for the battles ahead.
Get our free ABM e-books
We’re excited to release our new series of e-books introducing you to account-based marketing. Each book has been formulated by our ABM transformation team in Copenhagen and shares vital learnings and insights from recent and current client projects.
ABM Insights No. 1: An introductory guide
In this first e-book, you’ll learn:
- What ABM is – and why it’s getting so much attention
- Whether ABM is a close fit for your needs
- 5 steps to getting started
- Key success factors
ABM Insights No. 2: Aligning for ABM
In this second e-book, you’ll learn:
- How to define your ABM goals
- How to get internal buy-in
- About aligning sales and marketing
- About the essential roles and responsibilities to support your ABM initiative
Read more about account-based marketing
New to ABM? See some of our most recent comments related to account-based marketing on our blog, Integrated B2B.